The coils on SCN and Noiseless pickups are so tightly wrapped that even the slightest tug on the cover could permanently damage the pickup. There is also a light adhesive on the cover to prevent accidental movement of the cover and subsequent coil damage. Please note that SCN and Noiseless pickup covers are over-sized and that aftermarket or vintage-style pickup covers will not fit them. It is not recommended that you attempt to change the covers on these pickups.
Articles in this section
- Fender JMJ Mustang Bass Service Notification
- Lacquer Finish Care and Maintenance
- Where can I take my instrument and/or amplifier to be repaired?
- What should I do when taking my equipment to be serviced?
- How do I set up my Fender guitar properly?
- How do I set up my Stratocaster® guitar properly?
- How do I set up my Telecaster® guitar properly?
- How do I set up my bass guitar properly?
- How often should I change my strings?
- How often should I have a set-up adjustment done on my instrument?