Early production models of Acoustic 100 & Acoustic 200 amplifiers with serial numbers that begin with CRIL16 or CRIA17 will benefit from a firmware update and we recommend that you update your firmware. Amplifiers with other serial numbers should already have the latest version of the firmware installed.
Download the latest firmware and update utility for the Acoustic 100/200 at the bottom of this article.
This program will run on any PC running Windows 7 or later
v1.0.5 revision notes
- Add channel FX mute to preset structure (footswitch)
- Tuner performance improvements (footswitch)
- Tap function improvement (footswitch)
- Improved volume control pot taper
- Fixed possible freeze/crash associated with certain combinations of footswitch operations. (footswitch)
- Other misc. improvements and bug fixes
- Start by downloading the Fender Acoustic 100-200 Firmware Updater
- Next, download the Acoustic 100-200 v.1.0.5 firmware file.
- Extract the zip files and save to your desktop.
Install the program by double clicking “FenderFirmwareUpdater**.exe” and follow the steps of the “Fender Firmware Updater Setup Wizard”
The “Wizard” will guide you through the process of installing the updater.
The following screen will display
Choose Install Location
Choose “Start Menu Folder”
Press “OK” when done
Launch “Fender Firmware Updater” from location it was saved
Connect your Acoustic 100/200 to your PC via a micro usb cable
Turn power on while holding down the left “Phase” button when facing the front on amp to enter update mode
Click “Select File” box to locate the firmware update file.
Click “Update Firmware” to continue
Please note that this update will take approximately 5-8 minutes and do not disconnect your device during the updating process
When update is done disconnect your device and click “Done” to exit.
Disconnect cable and power cycle your Amp to get back to normal mode.
After updating firmware, if you use a footswitch, we recommend re-saving presets to all three preset positions on the footswitch. Firmware update does not overwrite footswitch presets. In rare cases, presets saved with an older version of firmware can cause problems after a firmware update. Problems may include improper footswitch operation or even amp crash or freeze. Saving presets with the new firmware to all three presets will eliminate any problems.