The Papoose was the first guitar Tacoma ever made. It is a voiced instrument, 5 frets shorter than a standard guitar with an offset paisley sound hole and a smaller body. It is tuned A-D-G-C-E-A and essentially acts as a normal guitar with a capo on the 5th fret. The advantage of the papoose is its versatility. It has a full, bright sound without the compromises of string scale of a capoed guitar. It adds a wonderful treble quality in the studio for balancing out layered recordings, and works well as a travel instrument.
Articles in this section
- Tacoma 2005 Catalog
- Tacoma 2005 Brochure
- Tacoma Winter 2005 Price List
- Tacoma Summer 2005 Price List
- Humidity and Your Tacoma Guitar
- What kind of electronic options did Tacoma offer?
- What is the story with the Papoose?
- Is my guitar made from solid or laminated wood?
- What's the best way to clean my guitar.
- What are the neck widths on your instruments?