The Fender Tone app for Android will be updated with new features and functionality on a regular, ongoing basis.
We recently added the ability to create/edit presets and change the amp model in your signal chain along with some updates to the settings menu, UI improvements, and bug fixes. Be sure to install version 1.2 from the Google Play Store.
You can set up automatic updates by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Tap Menu and My apps & games
- Select the Fender Tone app
- Tap the Menu on the Fender Tone app detail page
- Check the box next to "Auto-update"
Browsing and downloading presets from the app will be coming soon! In the meantime, you can browse and download presets using your amp interface by following these steps:
- Connect the amp to WiFi
- Navigate to Menu > Cloud Presets
- Go to tone.fender.com and click Set Up Amp
- You'll be asked to sign in to Fender Connect, then a code will be displayed on the screen
- Enter the code on the amplifier using the encoder and press done
- Now you can browse popular sections of featured presets from your amp
- Once you have found a preset to download to the amp, press the center button on the encoder and then press “Save.” You will have the option to rename the preset or just save it
Note: Some Android devices running version 6.0.1 may experience Bluetooth connectivity issues that could prevent connection to your Mustang GT amp. Please update to Android version 7 if you encounter this issue.