The Fender® MGT-4 4-button footswitch will work with all Mustang GT Amplifiers.
The footswitch has four modes that are identified by the four LEDs labeled QA MODE, PRESETS, EFFECTS and LOOPER. There is also a Tuning mode.
MODE 1 - Quick Access mode - Users can create 3 favorite presets (QA1/QA2/QA3) via “QUICK ACCESS” mode
1. Connect a 4-button footswitch to your Mustang GT Amplifier and select “QA mode
- Press the “MENU” button on your MUSTANG GT Amp
- Scroll to “QUICK ACCESS” option and press encoder
- Scroll to QA 1-2 or 3 and choose the one you want to set, press encoder to scroll through list of PRESETS and press encoder to set it as a “QA
- Repeat previous steps for next 2 “QA PRESETS”
- Press “MENU” to exit out and test the QA PRESETS on your footswitch
MODE 2 - PRESETS (Preset Select & Bank UP/DOWN)
1. Press the leftmost footswitch to select “PRESETS” mode
- In this mode footswitches 1-2-3 are used to select presets
- In this mode, you can also select banks of 3. To do this you must simultaneously press the 2 buttons (left of display) labeled: BANK DOWN for descending presets in banks of three and simultaneously press the 2 buttons (right of display) labeled BANK UP for ascending presets in banks of three.
Note: When you select a preset, the number of the preset will appear in the display of the footswitch and display of amp
Tap Tempo - To use tap tempo on your 4-button footswitch, simply tap the currently selected preset switch 2 times while in either Preset or “QA” mode. The green LED under the display will flash at the current tempo.
Note: Tap Tempo is NOT available in Effects or Looper mode.
MODE 3 - EFFECTS (Bypass effects)
- In this mode, each footswitch can be used to enable or bypass the first 3 available effects in the preset. The footswitch button LEDs indicate the effects that are active on the buttons labeled: FX 1, FX 2, FX 3 (in line with the EFFECTS LED).
MODE 4 - LOOPER
LOOPER mode enables the user to record loops up to 60 seconds long and overdub subsequent parts. Any number of overdubbed parts can be layered over the original recorded part; however, only the last overdub created can be undone.
1. Press the leftmost footswitch to select “LOOPER” mode
2. To begin recording the first musical passage, step on button labeled “REC/DUB.” The red FUNCTION LED above FUNCTION button 1 will begin flashing and the DISPLAY WINDOW will show “REC,” indicating that the LOOPER is in recording mode; play a passage of any time duration up to 60 seconds.
3. When finished playing, stop recording and automatically begin playback by stepping on button 2 labeled “PLAY/STOP.” The red LED above button 1 will stop flashing, the red LED above FUNCTION button 2 will illuminate, and the DISPLAY WINDOW will indicate playback by showing “PLA”. To stop playback, step on button 2 again; the DISPLAY WINDOW will show “StP”.
4. Alternately, when finished playing the first musical passage, step on button 1 again to go straight into overdub mode; the red LED above button 1 will continue flashing and the DISPLAY WINDOW will show “DUB,” indicating that the LOOPER is now in overdub mode and a second musical passage can be recorded over the first. Overdub mode can also be activated during playback or after stopping playback by stepping on button 1 again. Continue overdubbing musical passages as often as desired. After an overdub is recorded, step on button 2 to start and stop playback of all recorded parts.
5. While recording, playing back or stopped on the first musical passage, the user can undo the recording if desired by stepping on button labeled “UNDO.” Recording will stop and the DISPLAY WINDOW will read “STP”, and whatever had been recorded is now erased. Once overdubs have been added, however, the UNDO function applies only to the last overdub recorded; preceding overdubs cannot be undone.
Press and hold button 3 until tuner mode is engaged. Strike the string you want to tune.
- When a string is tuned LED directly under display screen will illuminate green.
- When a string is “Flat” LED above button 1 will illuminate red.
- When a string is “Sharp” LED above button 2 will illuminate red.