When you first download the Tone app and launch it, you'll be walked through a set up process to get started using your new Fender® Mustang™ GT amp.
We recommend having your Mustang GT amp plugged in and nearby to make set up go as smoothly as possible.
- Create an account, or sign in using Fender Connect. Having an account allows you to save your presets to the cloud as well as share your presets and download new ones.
- You can choose to do this later from Settings > My Account, but will be required for community features and syncing with the cloud.
- You can choose to do this later from Settings > My Amps, especially if you add more products later.
Note: Android devices running 6.0 and higher require location permissions to be enabled when using Bluetooth. If you are not seeing your Mustang GT in the app, please make sure your location permissions are enabled.
4. Once that's done, you can select your wifi network and enter the password, so the amp will be able to connect itself to the internet for updates and downloads. Entering your wifi password in the app is a bit easier than doing so on the amp.
- You can also set this up on the amp itself under Menu > Wifi
- You can choose to do this later in the app from Settings > Wifi
Once you're done with this set up process, you can read some tips on signal chain basics, our amp models, and effect types; or, just jump right in and start using the app to navigate and edit presets.