We recommend running a firmware update on your amp when you first purchase it, as a newer version may have become available between the time the amp was manufactured and the time you purchased it. It's also a good idea to check for available firmware updates, if at any time you experience an issue with the amp that may be fixed in the latest version.
Please watch our How to Update Your Firmware video, or follow the instructions below:
Firmware Update Instructions:
- Ensure your amp is connected to the internet over wifi. You can use the Tone app to put the amp onto wifi, or go to Menu > Wifi to set it up on the amp itself.
- Check the current version number by going to Menu > About This Amp.
- Power the amp off using the power switch.
- Hold down the encoder button and turn the amp back on. Continue holding for 5 seconds, and then release.
- The amp will now enter an updating process, where it will search for, download, and apply the new update. Please do not unplug or disturb the amp or its network connection during this process.
- When the amp is successfully updated, the screen will read: "Amplifier update complete, please restart your amp", with a green checkmark.
- If your firmware is up to date, you'll see "No updates available".
- Turn the amp off and back on again to restart it. Return to Menu > About This Amp to confirm that the version number has been updated.